Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Hello...from Day 1 of Phase 1 W=293

Hello...from Day 1 of Phase 1

Well, I've decided to give the South Beach thing a try. This is probably not the greatest time to be starting this. As we have our conference in less than a month and we are rushing around trying to get that all done. I have a major business order to get out in a week for my new account. It's quite large so I've got to do it good. Trying to follow anything strictly can prove to be difficult and taxing. So I'm going to try it loosely and see how it goes.

I didn't weight this morning, but did a couple of days ago. It was 293.

For breakfast I had 2 eggs (fresh from my hens)
1 slice of sliced ham
1 cheese stick
and coffee

For snack
bag of peanuts

Lunch
1/4 # of brisket (I know I shouldn't have gotten brisket, but the chicken just didn't feel right)
order of coleslaw (the use more of a vinegar dressing instead of mayoie)

Afternoon snack
large chuck of dark chocolate (mmmmmmmm)

Late afternoon snack
1/2 bag (serving) cashews
1/2 bag (serving) pistachios

Dinner
bowl of chili
w/beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, sauce, spices
and just a smidge of pasta that was left over from the night before. It wasn't even a 1/4 of a cup that then got mixed into a whole pot of chili. So in a bowl of chili you got about 4 strands per bowl. I don't think it's really enough to worry about.


I felt a bit hungry by the time I got to lunch, but figuring it was 7ish when I had breakfast and close to 11:15 by the time I had a change to grab the peanuts and almost 1:30 by the time I got a change to get some lunch. I had run 4 flights of stairs at least 3 times by lunch so it probably explains well why I was hungry. But the good thing was, I wasn't like, "bloodsugar is crashing I've got to eat right this very second" kind of hungry, just "my tummy is empty" kind of hungry. Which I kind of like over the my normal I'm "crashing" hungry.

Since I knew we had to run errands before getting home, I grabbed a bad of cashews and a bag of pistachios and a diet vanilla pepsi when I stopped to get gas. I ate less than half the bag of each. And each bag was 1 serving so it equaled 1 serving I figure.

Didn't have any dessert or late evening snack. It was after 8 when we finally got to eat supper so I didn't really want anything.

All in all, the day was a pretty good day. Kind of looking forward to day 2.

No comments: