Thursday, October 21, 2004

Day 2 - Phase 1 W=293

Feel pretty good today. Got a busy day a head. It's conference time, so everything is a buzz. We put on a very large EMS conference the week of Thanksgiving, so we are less than a month away and all of the final detail MUST be done NOW. So there is no time to waste...and not much time for anything else either. But, this blog is for me, so I WILL take the time to do it. Period.

So...on with the show!

For breakfast I had
3 farm fresh eggs (one was kind of small)
w/ a about 2 TBSP of chili left over from last nights dinner.
(I love chili and eggs)
And my usual coffee.

Snack
1 boiled egg

Lunch:
1/4 # of brisket, much drier than yesterday, was a much leaner cut, no fat at all.
potion of cole slaw

Afternoon Snack:
1/2 bag (1/2) serving of cashews

Later Afternoon Snack:
1 boiled egg

Dinner:
1 cup chili
2 hotdogs
Only ate about half of it. Wasn't hungry


I boiled two eggs to bring with me for snacks and also brought in the left over half bag of cashews from last night.

Been having some cravings and touch of hungriness. Got real hungry at lunch, and again about 2:30 or so. I figure this will settle down once my body adjust to the new way of life. I really do like eating smaller meals and eating more times during the day. It's really odd that this really goes against what we have had drilled into our heads all our lives. 3 meals a day, no snacking. Obviously...it's not worked for me.

My boss is a vegitarian. And I've got no issues with the vegitarian lifestyle. She eats almost constantly. Every few hours. I'm just going to have to find my own schedule. But, feel okay this afternoon. Since I had the nuts the "cravings" have subsided. And I ate my egg about two hours later, so that should help with the drive home. I've got about an hours drive. I've still got the other half of the bag of pistacios in the Jeep so if I need them, they are there too.

Not sure what to do for dinner. I'll have to think on that one for a while.

Things were busy round the house so I fix the left over chili from the night before. But I could only eat about half of my bowl (1 cup). I wasn't hungry and wasn't going to force it. Rich kept telling me I hadn't eaten anything and needed to eat. But I refused. It was good, and it wasn't that I didn't want to eat, I was just full. He doesn't know that I've started this. And I'm not planning on say anything to him either. I want a "WOW...you are looking great" response from him, not the eagle eye watching what I do. Not that he would eagle eye me...but still. I'm not telling anyone. I don't need or want any pressure. Even when people have good intentions, if they know you are "dieting" then they treat you differently when you make a choice that they may not think you should be making while you are on a "diet." I want this to be a permentant change. Not a temperaty one.

No comments: