Friday, October 22, 2004

Day 3 - Phase 1 W=292

Feel pretty good today. Yep was down a whole pound...whoohooo!

Breakfast (7AM):
2 eggs

Early AM Snack (9:15 AM):
handfull of cashews

Later AM Snack (10:45 AM):
small banana

Lunch:
fresh spinach
12 fresh sugar peas
4 large button mushrooms
1/2 an avacado
3 oz tuna
1 cheese stick
sprinkle of red wine vinegar
...and I was stuffed!

PM Snack:
the other half of the avacado ( I do love alvacado)
pumpkin seeds (pumpkin seeds were way too much salt, switched to cashews)

Dinner:
Chicken Taco Salad (didn't eat the bowl/shell)
the ususal taco salad, lettuce, chicken, cheese, guac,
some fresh salsa
TBSP of sour cream
4 french fries

It's the end of the month...and the house is pretty much bare. Except for eggs...my hens keep cranking them out. I forgot my boiled eggs this morning, so instead of grabbing fast food, I stopped off at the store and grabbed a few things to get through the day.

Since I only have the two eggs I was getting pretty hungry shortly after 9 so I munch a few cashews. Did the trick for an hour or so. But then a bit of hunger set in again. I know fruit is suppose to be avoided in Phase 1, but I had a very small banana. Bananas have great vits and mins, and it's the first one I've had in almost a month, so I'm letting it slide. It's early in the day, and I'll use any carbs I do get from it. Besides...they really are good carbs. Momma Nature made them herself.

For lunch, I'm thinking spinach salad with some tuna, avacado, mushrooms, and maybe a bit of light moz cheese, with just a sprinkle of red wine vinagrete. Not sure if I still have any olive oil here at the office, but if I do, I'll add a touch, prefer the vinegar over anything else. Good salad doesn't really NEED anything.

Last night on the drive home I heard a commercial for the new Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I had hoped they would do a diet...AND they did! Found one this AM at the store. It's good. Wish they had used Splenda instead, but it's still not bad. A bit of the aspertame aftertaste at the end, but still very enjoyable.

Man, did I eat to much at lunch? Geez I was stuffed. But it was good! I really like lunches like that. Don't know why, but I do. But then at 3:40...hunger....grrr... so I've grabbed some pumpkin seeds and am working on them. Boy they are salty, I could do without the salt. Wonder if I can find them unsalted. Maybe make my own this year.

Okay, those pumpkin seeds were WAY too salty. I'm not a big salt freak to start with but those were horridly salty. Didn't eat them all. Tossed them in a bowl and grabbed some cashews instead. I will probably be living with the salt/water retention for a while. I tried to drink a good bit of water/tea to try and wash it out but we'll just have to wait and see. My lips are all like salty logged, that kind of dry, parched, half swollen feeling, kind of like being at the beach all day in the salt air.

Dinner was good. I gave in to the fries that were kind of being pushed at me. I took 4...one at a time and ate them very very slowly. Don't think they are a major big deal. I ate them moreso so that Rich wouldn't exactly catch on that I'm up to something. I was full after the salad. I'm sure he's got an idea because I didn't even touch the tortilla chips, and I'm usuall munching on them and the salsa. But we'll see if he says anything.

Well I'm off to bed. Have to take my littest dog Foster in to the vet in the AM for his weekly check up. He has his jaw wired from a freak accident of getting his tooth caught in one the bigger dogs D-ring on his collor. I took him to the park afterwards and we walked around the "track" twice. Think we'll do that again if it's not raining. Even if it is, might do it anyway.

Night

No comments: