Tuesday, January 08, 2013

And We're BACK! - P1 - D1 - 274

So, I think it's time to head back to the Beach for a while. 

Since I last spent time on the Beach, my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer, under went chemo and radiation, and died. Spent a few years in widowhood. Met an amazing man, had some WILD times, got married, pinched a nerve in my back and found out I have herniated disks since probably 9 years-old, changed jobs, was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and Hashimotos Disease (40+ years worth), had a full thyroidectomy, radioactive treatment and have sorta spent the last few years living life however I wanted.  At times I was mindful of carbs and sugar and such, at other times, if I wanted it I ate it or drank it I didn't care I was going to enjoy myself. Period.

In all honest, I feel I've done fairly well since my thyroid surgery. After surgery, before I started my Synthroid, I only gained 10 pounds. I lost that, and so far an additional 10.  I had hoped that once the Hashimotos was corrected that it would all just go away.  Eh, not so much LOL! 

So I thought it was time to stick my toes back in the sand of the Beach for a while. Get a nice little kick start and maybe drop a few before my next endocrinologists appointment. 

Today has not been totally perfect as once I got home from the store last night we found ourselves totally cleaning out the pantry and re-orging the whole thing. I'll admit it, there were a couple of REALLY scary cans in there, but it's all gone now, shelves prepared with peppermint essential oil (to keep bugs and mice out) and new shelf liners put in place. There's TONS of room in there now!  But it was like 10:30pm by the time we got that all done so I didn't get my meals prepared so I just had to grab some things this morning, but I think I've done well.

Breakfast:
Coffee with pumpkin creamer (creamer is not allowed on Phase 1 but it was only a couple of tablespoons, I'll measure for sure tomorrow)
3/4 cup cottage

AM Snack:
yogurt
hibiscus/rose petal tea with 1 splenda packet
6 walnut halves when I started feeling hungry before lunch

Lunch:
4oz roasted turkey
1/2 cup pinto beans
1/2 cup broccoli salad
3 TBSP choco cookie pudding
large unsweet tea

PM Snack:
1 small spicy V8 juice
1 stick of Kraft Tomato Basil string cheese

Dinner:
5-6 oz of steak
Borracha bean
1 cup rainbow salad/slaw
2 TBSP of Ken's onion dressing (I know not P1 but I'm easing into it)
Glass of tonic water (soda stream version so it's light on cals)
I don't get lunch until 1pm so the few walnuts really helped me keep from getting overly hungry. I figured if it helped enough to keep from getting the hungry sneezes

I know as far as Phase 1 is concerned, if I was going EXACTLY by the books would not have been so great. But I'm trying to ease back into this and slowly bring a man along in the gentlest way I know. I've been dieting since before I was 2 years old. He was lucky and grew-up skinny and started putting on weight after boot camp. His exwife was super morbidly obese and I know he was at times subjected to her diet crazes.

So I want to ease him into it so that it's an enjoyable thing not an all of a sudden slam change.  The way I look at "dieting" if you must call it such, is to make changes that are going to be permanent or consistent things. I spent a life of slamming on the brakes and all of a sudden "this" is how it is gonna be.  At some point it needs to be okay to have A donut or donut hole, just not a whole box. It's okay to have SOME ice cream, just not half a gallon. After a while, I get to where I'd rather have X over Z anyway so it all works out, but some times, a bowl of Z is all that is gonna make the world right again.  LOL  Goofy I know.  LOL

So anyway, day one down. Day two to come.

D



No comments: